Over six two-hour sessions our Make It Happen Community project team learned how to create and deliver their own co-produced art project inspired by North Shields’ heritage.
The sessions covered:
- Introduction to participatory arts and initial project planning and consultation
- Project life cycle & Project scope
- Management and coordination (including budget management)
- Project development – individual and group ideas
- Artist recruitment 1 – Up to Shortlisting
- Artist recruitment 2 – Up to contracting/induction & overseeing the production of artwork
- Monitoring and evaluation
The project the group will plan and deliver will celebrate the heritage of North Shields in the Heritage Action Zone.