Our big questions:
- How do the community feel about North Shields?
- What do residents normally do in North Shields and where?
- Where are residents from?
- Why have residents attended – come the event/ ‘ community conversation’ today?
- Why is making better use of local spaces important for their community?
- What new things would residents would like to see in North Shields?
- Ways to work with community partners (maybe by follow up work canvasing same questions to partners and businesses)
During half term, Helix Arts hosted a series of workshops with artists, performers and community groups. All workshops were free and accessible for a range of different age groups and abilities. Workshops took place within a busy public shopping centre appropriate to this setting.
This week long series of events ran from Monday 17th February until Saturday 22 February 2020, and was supported by a team of committed and enthusiastic volunteers.