We are inviting interest from artists to work on the delivery of peer education project, a 6 month arts programme (February 2021 – July 2021) delivered by Helix Arts in partnership with Rape Crisis Tyneside and Northumberland. We seek to appoint a Lead Artist who is a skilled drama practitioner, who has experience in working collaboratively with young people to co-create a piece of performance.
£ 3,500 (Up to 20 x 90 minute sessions, partnership / project development, project scope and monitoring). There is an additional production and materials budget to support the project as agreed with partners.
21 December 2020: Express interest
11th January 2021: Artist discussions
18th January 2020: Further information
20th January 2021: Shortlisted applicants will notified
25th January 2021: Artist deliver micro teach to panel and chat
28th January 2021: Artists will be notified
- Rape Crisis Short Version download (PDF)
For more information, please contact Rachel at Helix Arts on [email protected].
Helix Arts is building an online dance community for people aged 65+ and our free, online sessions with dancers begin in August 2020. We know how important it is for people to feel connected right now, especially when many of us are having to self-isolate or shield at home because of the coronavirus pandemic.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to support this programme, initially in its first phase (July - November 2020). The volunteer opportunities are:
- Connectors - Conversation ‘buddies’ - Volunteers who join in sessions and keep in touch with people and share weekly happenings (this can be in the session and offline)
- Campaigners - Volunteers who support the growth of an online social media community. This involves regular interaction with members and artists, providing updates, content, and responses
More information about the roles, requirements and support can be downloaded here:
- Taking Part Volunteer Connector (PDF)
- Social Media Volunteer Campaigner (PDF)
For more information, please contact [email protected].
We are currently seeking a treasurer to join our board of trustees. This would involve quarterly board meetings and supporting the finance sub-group.
Anyone interested should download and review the role descriptor and contact our Cheryl Gavin, Director 07976 240570.
Helix Arts are on the look out for dedicated volunteers to support our work in a variety of ways:
- Help with our social media
- Assist and support arts Workshop/activities
- Meet and greet/welcome (project and events)
- Evaluation and post-production work
Full induction and briefing is given. Expenses covered. If you are interested, please email us or call on 0191 241 4931.
51 Bedford Street
Charity no. 700956
Company Reg no. 2114849