North Tyneside’s Equally Well Plan is the joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy to tackle health inequalities as part of North Tyneside’s high level strategic plan for improving the health and wellbeing of our population.
Healthwatch North Tyneside worked on behalf of North Tyneside’s Health and Wellbeing Board to gather views from local residents and organisations about the plans to reduce local health inequalities.
The plan sets out the short and long term targets for improving six key themes identified for improvement in North Tyneside.
- Giving every child the best start in life
- Enable all children, young people and adults to maximise their capabilities and have control over their lives
- Create fair employment and good work for all
- Ensure a healthy standard of living for all
- Create and develop healthy and sustainable places and communities
- Strengthen the role and impact of health prevention